Sayreville Middle School is committed to the holistic development of children. It is our goal for all students who pass through our school to find purpose in life, to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills and to ultimately become adults who are contributing, independent, empathetic, and informed citizens within the local and global community.
Sayreville Middle School will strive to meet the challenges of developing each child’s mind, body, and character by:
● Working closely with parents and community members to help support the whole school effort. Community members will be kept informed of school news, invited to school wide events and asked to participate in initiatives aimed at driving the future direction of the school. Parents specifically will be apprised of their children’s progress.
● Hiring and retaining highly qualified teachers to educate the children of Sayreville and by supporting their continued development and improvement as teachers.
● Writing and implementing curricula that is relevant and meets the requirements of state and federal regulations.
● Providing a safe and nurturing environment in which children can learn.
● Providing health and physical education experiences that promote a healthy lifestyle and proper hygiene.
● Providing experiences that promote improved interpersonal relationships, character development, and good citizenship.
● Helping students fulfill their personal and academic potential by allowing them to explore the various academic areas and discover those in which they excel and/or enjoy.
● Challenging and supporting students to be all that they can be in their educational and future career efforts.
● Continually monitoring each child’s development and making educational decisions based on student data, student needs, and parental input to best help each child flourish in mind, body, and character.